Test and Confirm Configuration
Sandboxie offers quick configuration for most email programs. Please see
Sandbox Settings > Applications > Email Reader
for more information.
After completing the email configuration, you may want to test it to make sure that new emails
will not be lost when you delete the sandbox. To do that, follow these steps:
- Disable Internet access in the sandbox. This is a precaution measure, to make sure that your sandboxed email program cannot retrieve new mail messages before you confirm the configuration is correct:
Open Sandbox Settings > Restrictions > Internet Access, then click Block All Programs, and finally click OK.
- Compose a test draft message to yourself. Don't send it.
- Quit your email program. If your email program suggests to send the test message, disregard the suggestion.
- Run your email program normally, that is, outside the supervision of Sandboxie.
- Confirm that you can use the normal (unsandboxed) instance of the mail program to see and edit the test message you created.
If the email message that you created in a sandboxed instance of your email program is also accessible in the normal (unsandboxed) instance, even after the sandbox has been deleted, then the configuration is correct.
For more information, see Email Protection and FAQ Email.
Sandboxie is Copyright © 2004-2012 by Sandboxie Holdings LLC. All rights reserved.
Sandboxie.com | Contact Author
This site has been viewed 208,240,729 times since June 2004